Monday, January 16, 2012

Pin-Up Hair Do - Rosie the Riveter Bandana

Inspirations!
This week I found inspiration from pinup hair styles. Right now I'm especially loving the victory roll and replicating Rosie the Riveter look. Pinup hair is fairly easy to do once you know what you're doing. Watching a few step by step tutorials on youtube are so helpful and make creating a polished finished look simplified. When I was trying a few different pinup hair styles I also experimented with different makeup looks. I wanted to perfect a simple look that would compliment my hairstyle.  I found a defined brow (the same shade or one shade darker than my natural brow), a classic cat eye, lined lips with a matte finish (red) lipstick really tie the whole look together. I personally prefer a bit more makeup and some facial contouring, but right now I'm just trying to keep it simple. I added a video of the beautiful Kandee Johnson doing her take on Rosie the Riveter.

No comments:

Post a Comment